Sunday, May 6, 2007

So this is still a work in progress, but tonight I made a contour diaper! I was frustrated with how finicky the sizing is making a fitted diaper, especially when it comes to adding the elastic. And I do like the simplicity of a prefold diaper, but hate fiddling around trying to fold it when Ciaran is doing a crocodile roll. So this is a contour diaper which is simple like a prefold (no fasteners, just lay in the cover), but I don't have to fold at all. Its still a work in progress because I want to add a foldout style soaker, but want to make sure it fits okay and works before I use up more fabric for the soaker. Right now its only two layers of terry (oh so soft!). So when I test it tomorrow morning I'll just lay in one of my other soakers. And if this works as well as I hope, I'll make more for Ciaran, but also when we have another baby I'll use these instead of baby prefolds (although the majority of our stash will still be fitteds, my current favorite style). Did I mention this took almost no time to make? From cut to finish maybe 20min? Which for this newbie is pretty damn great!

I used this pattern http://www.sweetcheeksdiapers.com/instructions.html


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: