Thursday, May 10, 2007

'm not sure why when I'm up to my eyeballs in housework and in this case packing for our trip that I'm very excited about, that I get so distracted by little projects.

I decided that Ciaran needed some play pants for playing outside on the farm. I try to keep his farm clothes seperate from his going out clothes because they get so dirty. But I cringe at the thought of buying a pair of pants for $10 thats sole purpose is to get trashed. So after scouring the consignment and thrift stores and not seeing anything I liked, I decided to make Ciaran some pants myself. How hard could it be right? RIGHT!!! Holy crap these were so easy! I used a pair of Gareth's old pajama pants, and this tutorial ( http://www.rookiemoms.com/make-some-easy-kids-pants/ ) and whipped them up in no time at all. They're lightweight and should be great for summer, a little big so he has room to grow into them, they fit perfectly over his big cloth butt, and they were FREE!! I can't wait to make him some more, oh wait, yes I can, I have a vacation tomorrow!!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




And here they are in action...


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: