Monday, May 7, 2007

I finished it! And I'm really happy with it. At first I tried doing a three layer terry hourglass shaped soaker, but that was so thick I couldn't even get it under my needle. And it was very bulky, especially in the back. Ciaran pees in the front, he does't need five total layers in the back.

So instead I made the soaker from one layer terry, and then added a second layer on half of it forming a pocket. That way there is four total layers of terry in the pee zone and a pocket to easily add an extra hemp oval/folded washcloth/whatever if I need extra absorbency. It was a bit fiddly zigzagging around the edge of the single ply terry to prevent the fraying, I'll have to try and come up with something better. But its soooo soft, I love it! And I tried it on Ciaran this morning (without the soaker) and it fit very well. I can't wait to make more!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting





Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: