Thursday, June 18, 2009

Start of the new stash

So my youngest, Roan, has been going through an incredible growth spurt. Which also means he's growing out of his diapers. It's been awhile since I've been sewing diapers, but I broke out my old favorite pattern from Darling Diapers, and decided to use my new snap pliers and try a new style.

I haven't had a chance to try them on Roan yet, as I just finished sewing them up and he's sleeping (yay!), but I think they may have turned out a wee bit wonky. I think they're definitely too narrow through the crotch, I think I overdid the seam allowance. I tried a new casing method on one diaper, and I'm not sure I'm thrilled with it (I had to cut a hole in the fabric to fish out a rogue elastic!). One I did a sewn in quick dry soaker, and the other I got lazy and just did a lay in soaker. But all in all, they will definitely be functional, they're super soft (I love velour! I'm almost out, I have to decide if I'm going to order more...) and I love that I made them. I will try to remember to take an action shot of him wearing one if I can get him to stand still for a moment (not the easiest feat these days!).


No comments: