Sunday, February 25, 2007

So I have made many pantyliners now, I ~LOVE~ them!! And I was having some trouble with my Diva cup last time (really put the liners to the test!), so I have made a couple of actual pads. I used a tutorial I found online http://www.tinybirdsorganics.com/organiccotton/clothpads.html and made two pocket pads. These would be for a 'regular' day, not heavy or overnight. But because of the pocket, I could add an extra insert to make it more absorbent for those heavier times. I haven't yet made any extra inserts, but I found some really cool waterproof burp pads I was given when C was born, and I think they would be perfect. So I will be making some soon...

Also, I'm not a fan of the curves. Way to much trouble for what its worth. So I will be squaring them off for next time. I also made a pad for heavy or overnight days by making a square of two layers of terry cloth (aka old towel)covered with flannel. You then fold it into thirds for maximum absorbency. This makes it fairly bulky, I don't think I would want to wear this out and about. But it should be pretty good for nighttime and around the house.


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




So as I'm getting more into this whole sewing thing, I'm finding it difficult to actually find time to do it. I've been putting my machine on the kitchen table, which is less than ideal because then I have to put it away at every meal, and I can only really sew during C's naptime. In the evening when G is home, its really disruptive. So G rearranged the furniture in the bedroom, taking a shelf/table that we were using as a headboard and turning that into a space for each of us. I have my sewing stuff and he has his laptop. I love love love it. The table is slightly higher than average, so I don't have to slouch as much if I'm watching my needle closely. And its plenty big enough for my sewing needs. And its right next to my yarn cabinet, so I feel like it is truly *my* space. Most of my pattern tracing, cutting, etc will still be done either on the kitchen table or the coffee table, but I couldn't be happier with this set up! And surprisingly when he moved our furniture around, we ended up with way more room even with this new workspace added!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: