Friday, September 28, 2007

I finally finished the first of my newborn stash. It took forever. But it was definatly a learning experience. For example, stretch should go wing to wing, not top to bottom. And when doing a fitted with back elastic, you should leave a spot to turn the dipe in the front of the dipe, not the back (i have a great relationship with my seam ripper, so not a huge deal). And when using a pattern that is made for serging and snaps, you may want to lengthen the wings if you don't want to have aplix tabs. But in case you don't think of this before you T&T, all is not lost. You can just fake something up!

So here it is! Two body layers of stretch terry and a hidden soaker of a trifolded facecloth. I came up with my own aplix tabs by using my smallest zigzag to 'serge' hook to loop. It looks okay, but up close you can tell its not perfect. And I'm not loving the topstitching around the leg elastic. With my next one I think I'll leave that and see if I like it better. But all in all its soft and squishy and size wise is very close to a sample newborn diaper I have (that is serged and snapped). I don't think it will be super absorbent, but enough for a newborn that you change so often.

So hopefully these start going quicker, its been a long day!


Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting




Photobucket - Video and Image Hosting

No comments: